Operating in a responsible and sustainable manner is critical to WhitbeckBennett. We see social commitment as a discipline that helps us manage risks and maximize the opportunities available to us in a changing world. We are committed to understanding, monitoring, and managing our social and environmental impact. This commitment is deeply ingrained in our core values and we aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
At WhitbeckBennett, we define social commitment as follows:
- Conducting business in a socially responsible and ethical manner
- Supporting community outreach efforts through our affiliate law firm’s philanthropy group, DBL Cares
- Pro Bono Work and special community programs
- Protecting the environment through our Green Initiatives and Sustainability Initiatives
- Supporting Corporate Wellness Initiatives to improve the health and wellness of our employees
- Engaging, learning from, respecting and supporting the communities and cultures within which we work
Family Law Decision Alliance
WhitbeckBennett is proud to have partnered with Brian Hirsch of Hersch & Ehlenberger to launch The Family Law Decision Directory. The Family Law Decision Directory is a listing of experienced Family Law attorneys across Northern Virginia who are helping families in conflict during the COVID-19 pandemic. The lawyers who participate in the directory have agreed to reduce their regular hourly rate in order to make the program more affordable to the public.
Visit the Family Law Decision Alliance website to learn more: https://familylawdecision.org/
Affiliate Philanthropy Program: DBL Cares
WhitbeckBennett is a Family Law Firm with a team of professionals who believe in giving back to the community. DBL Cares is a philanthropy program led by our affiliate law firm, Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig. Their mission is to create and support programs that will positively impact the less fortunate and most vulnerable members of our community, and WhitbeckBennett is proud to be a part of this initiative.
Through a commitment to causes that support the following focus areas, DBL Cares is dedicated to supporting programs and public services that will enhance the development and growth of the major metropolitan areas where our offices are located:
- Health and Human Services (US Poverty Alleviation)
- Community and Economic Development
- Veterans and their Families